**Lite Rides are coming to Mondays! Starting on June 21st, Lite Rides will be held every Monday until the end of August. Rides leave from the former GCC (MAP HERE) parking lot at 6:30PM.
The Lite Ride is designed to get you started if you haven’t ridden in a pack before or if you don’t feel fit enough or confident enough to ride on a Wednesday or Saturday club event.
The rides start from the parking lot of former German Cultural Centre (GCC) – MAP HERE – at 6:30PM on Mondays. As with all Horizon 100 rides we will be following the Sask Cycling Association’s COVID Return to Play Protocol.
Depending on numbers, riders will be organized into 2 or 3 groups. The ride speed for the first group will be kept to no more than 20 km/h while the 2nd and 3rd groups will travel a bit faster. There will be experienced club members around to give you help and advice. We will NEVER leave anyone behind. As the season progresses the speed may increase as people become fitter and more confident, but we will only ride at a pace that is comfortable for all members of the group.
Things to bring for the lite ride:
- Yourself!! (with your SCA and Horizon 100 membership)
- Your bike, maintained and ready to ride
- A helmet (mandatory for all club rides)
- Appropriate clothing
o Cycling shorts are highly recommended
o Dress for the conditions (it can be cold in May)
o Cycling shoes are recommended but not essential. If you do wear cycling shoes, ensure you are comfortable getting your feet in and out of the clips.
- Bring your cell phone (just in case!!)
- Carry a spare inner tube and a pump/inflator
- Money (to pay for post-ride refreshments)
- Water bottle (filled with water, Gatorade, etc), on a warm night you will dehydrate fast.